In this brief demo I’ve decided to do the Chinese character for “peace” as my design
2. I draw out the design on the linoleum block and since I don’t intend on using this for making prints in the usual custom so I’m not concerned with reversing it.
3. The Speedball cutter comes with six cutters that provides various forms and shapes of cuts.
4. Using the #6 blade I trace my design so that the cut can provide a stopping point for when I start removing the linoleum.
5. Using the #4 cutter I start removing the linoleum from around the design.
6. With all of the linoleum removed, my design is ready for some color.
7. At this point I take a Sharpie and color in my design.
8. …and there you have it! “Peace” all finished.